Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 13th Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
Replies: 28 (Who?), Viewed: 1847 times.
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 10:50 PM Last edited by ankoyume : 5th Jan 2018 at 5:39 AM.
Default Sit With Baby or Toddler Mod
Hello !
Here is a mod to test if you have some time.

What it does :

--> when holding a baby/toddler, click on a chair or armchair to sit with it (custom interaction icon, sim's animation idle, reaction to desperation need) : recliner, couch and bastool are disabled (no anim yet)

--> you've got 2 sub interaction when clicking on the sim carried : there's the chair icon on them in the pie menu

--> once seated, click on the toddler carried to tickle

--> once seated, IF THERE IS A BOTTLE IN INVENTORY, click on the baby carried to feed bottle : sim will do a waving anim to tell you the bottle is either spoiled or empty

--> once seated, cancel interaction or click on other baby/toddler interactions (like on crib or fridge) to stand up while keeping baby/toddler in arms (for other interactions, the sim will stand up and immediately drop the baby/toddler on floor or in crib)



How to use :

--> install the 6 files (compatible version contains squinge's mod "hand baby to anyone", so you don't need squinge's mod anymore and you avoid conflict)
NOTE FOR VERSION 3 :
02/01/18 update > there are all the files, but if you already had version 2, you don't need to redownload the files "PersonSemiGlobalDefault+SquingeHandBaby2Anyone", "PersonSemiGlobalDefault_10menus", "ChairSemiGlobalDefault" and "Anim". But the other must be replaced.
4/1/18 Update : I've changed only 'MaxisActions' and 'CarryMaxis'.

--> remember to hold baby/toddler beforehand, otherwise the sim will sit without it

--> remember to get one or more bottles in inventory beforehand in order to feed bottle while in a seat (otherwise the sub interaction won't appear)

--> if there is only spoiled/empty bottles in inventory, you must add another (full) bottle in inventory for the sub interaction to appear

--> This is a social plug-in: it adds an option to a SIM's pie menu. Therefore, as BO would say, like with ALL social plug-ins, installing, removing or updating this mod will almost ALWAYS cause a hood-reset.


What I'd like to know :

--> what bugs or glitches did you see ? (when you don't see the custom icon, it is certainly a bug)

--> does the sim ignores desperation need , when and in what extent ?

--> is the icon too ugly ? (you can propose a replacement if you want)

--> would you like feed bottle interaction to be autonomous ?

--> would you like a dialog pop up when bootle either spoiled or empty and need to be replaced ?



Here is version 3 (not a lot of changes but it fixes a glitch or 2 and adds a custom interaction icon) :

non compatible with squinge's mod :
http://simfileshare.net/folder/24919/

compatible with squinge's mod :
http://simfileshare.net/folder/24920/

Here is previous version 2 that won't be used anymore : http://simfileshare.net/folder/24755/

Be careful when you test it (not in your neighborhood that you love ! Use instead a testing area.).
It shouldn't crash your game though or corupt anything (I've asked Chris Hatch), but it can throw errors or look very ugly.



Hoping I've been clear.
Thanks,
Ankoyume


Screenshots
Attached Images
 

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#2 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 11:44 PM
I would love to test this.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 5:30 AM Last edited by ankoyume : 31st Dec 2017 at 7:54 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
I would love to test this.


I would love it too ! Thanks ! I've just modified 3 files, you just have to download those three, you don't need to redownload the others.
I've got rid of a bug but there's another one that I can't figure out for now...

Edit : I've just chenged the maxis actions file. It is still buggy. I can't see the solution with inventory now. I'll take a pause. The final version won't be OK for new year as I had hope. Too ambitious once again

Edit : I've finally found a way, so that there's no glitch anymore. Ready to post. Yeah ! I won't mind some feedback however, as I plan to improve it with time.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#4 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 10:50 PM
Okay, I see it's already in queue, I will grab those files instead. I love the idea of this mod, it's something we have needed for a long time.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Okay, I see it's already in queue, I will grab those files instead. I love the idea of this mod, it's something we have needed for a long time.


Ok I hope you'll like it !
However I'll post here the improvements to test before updating the upload. I hope to add "nurse baby", it's the must, but I don't know yet if it is even possible. Otherwise there are the other maxis interactions like "toss in air" (are the anim even possible to adapt), "kiss" and "snuggle".

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#6 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 4:42 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 1st Jan 2018 at 5:11 AM.
How am I supposed to use the mod @ankoyume? I put the 6 files (from queue) into AGS, told the tester to feed the baby from the fridge and she is still standing, is it not automatic?

Okay, I checked the files here-you have a readme here but none in the files in the queue, you might want to add that. I would also bold in the description someplace 'Bottle must be in the sims inventory'

Still can't get it to work. I click on the couch and say sit she places the baby on the floor. Click on fridge she stands and feeds. Can you include step by step instructions because I am missing something here and this is with a bottle in inventory and all 6 files.

Sudden thought, it would not be clashing with 'hand baby to anyone' by I think it's Squinge would it? That would be terrible as I need that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 5:21 PM Last edited by ankoyume : 1st Jan 2018 at 5:49 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
How am I supposed to use the mod @ankoyume? I put the 6 files (from queue) into AGS, told the tester to feed the baby from the fridge and she is still standing, is it not automatic?

Okay, I checked the files here-you have a readme here but none in the files in the queue, you might want to add that. I would also bold in the description someplace 'Bottle must be in the sims inventory'

Still can't get it to work. I click on the couch and say sit she places the baby on the floor. Click on fridge she stands and feeds. Can you include step by step instructions because I am missing something here and this is with a bottle in inventory and all 6 files.

Sudden thought, it would not be clashing with 'hand baby to anyone' by I think it's Squinge would it? That would be terrible as I need that.


Sorry I wasn't clear enough.
You put some bottles in the sim's inventory, then you hold baby, then you sit in a chair or armchair.
Now there should be the interaction when you click on the baby.
You can even sit first with baby, then have someone else take bottles, then put those in the sim's inventory, and the interaction will appear.

Here are the steps :

1.Get bottles from fridge and put them on floor or somewhere else
2.put them in inventory
3. carry baby
4. sit in chair
5. click on baby for the interaction 'Feed baby'

Else
1
3
4
2
5

Else
3
4
1 have some else took the bottles from fridge and put them on floor
2
5


I don't yet how I can edit the text to be clear but too ... directive. I'll see later.

ABOUT THE CONFLICT
I don't know which mod you're talking about but it will certainly conflict because I didn't want the sim to be able to 'hand to' when in a seat for now (I haven't done the animations yet). However I think it is easy to fix. Just give me a link to the mod and I'll make a compatible version.

EDIT : I've found the mod, I'm on it.

EDIT 2 : I have made a compaticle version. see the file "personDefault....Compatible..."

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Turquoise Dragon
staff: senior moderator
#8 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 6:34 PM
I got a jump bug in a vanilla hood, once the baby was fed. the mother and baby both jump bugged when the baby was full. I put a fresh bottle in her inventory, I had her hold baby, and feed the baby. Everything was fine with the baby till the baby was full (I tested with baby full/not full) and once the baby is full they jump out of the chair, with the baby landing on the floor, and the mother standing up.

Sitting with the baby works fine. Holding and tickling the toddler works fine, while sitting. The couch didn't seem to work, but that might have been an error on my part, but the chair definitely did. I have UC. It was a vanilla hood, so no conflicts.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 6:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdayars
I got a jump bug in a vanilla hood, once the baby was fed. the mother and baby both jump bugged when the baby was full. I put a fresh bottle in her inventory, I had her hold baby, and feed the baby. Everything was fine with the baby till the baby was full (I tested with baby full/not full) and once the baby is full they jump out of the chair, with the baby landing on the floor, and the mother standing up.

Sitting with the baby works fine. Holding and tickling the toddler works fine, while sitting. The couch didn't seem to work, but that might have been an error on my part, but the chair definitely did. I have UC. It was a vanilla hood, so no conflicts.


Ah, you have UC ... I must admit I don't know how to handle this, as I don't have it. I work with the originals. I don't even know if it is the reason why it jumps. Are you working with version 2 of my mod (it's not the same link that I had given you before) ?
About the couch, when you say 'couch', I think sofa. I don't know if I'm right but you must know that Sofa won't work, it's only armchairs and chairs.

@joandsarah77
About Squinge's mod, I forgot to tell you to delete squinge's mod, because the feature is in the compatible version I've made, but squinge's mod will override all my changes...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
just a girl
#10 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 7:08 PM
Nice idea, ankoyume
Funny, I had a request for this sort of mod recently, but had to turn it down. I bet that person will be so happy now that you work on it.
As for UC. M&G and all EPs and SPs (except Store) is practically what it is. Your mod should work in it. I have UC as well.
So, if I wanted to test, I would use the link in the post #1? (I have no access to the queue.) Or should I wait for new version?
Turquoise Dragon
staff: senior moderator
#11 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 8:41 PM
I used the latest version of it and yes, UC is like all ep's basically so should work fine with it. I thought it was just mod conflicts, that is why I put it in a vanilla hood. I will try and repeat the error and get you an error log and see if that helps! It is really CLOSE, just that error at the end of the feeding.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 8:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
Nice idea, ankoyume
Funny, I had a request for this sort of mod recently, but had to turn it down. I bet that person will be so happy now that you work on it.
As for UC. M&G and all EPs and SPs (except Store) is practically what it is. Your mod should work in it. I have UC as well.
So, if I wanted to test, I would use the link in the post #1? (I have no access to the queue.) Or should I wait for new version?


Thanks for the UC info.
You can use the link in the first thread. They are the same, except for there's two personDefault files : one is the original, the second contains Squinge's mod "Hand baby to anyone" (because it was conflicting with that mod). Just use one between those two.
I'll edit the first post for other testers to know.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#13 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 10:01 PM
@ankoyume I hope you keep working on this and the UC is simply all EP's and SP's there is nothing odd or special about it, it's the same set up as all the disks. An error in a UC user is the same as in a disk user. Thank you for making it compatible with 'hand too' as it's as needed as sitting to feed IMO.
I will keep my eye on this thread and give a yell if you need some testing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 10:34 PM
The @omglo didn't work for some reason, so I'm just seeing this now after your pm. I'll download Version 2 and start testing that one.
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
The @omglo didn't work for some reason, so I'm just seeing this now after your pm. I'll download Version 2 and start testing that one.


Sorry for that, had I known I would have prevent you testing version 1 for so long. However your testing really helped me, thanks.
As my upload has been rejected, I really still need you to keep testing.

And thanks to @joandsarah77 and @gdayars for their advices when checking my upload : I totally understand why it has been rejected. I even think it is for the best because I will upload this mod fully tested next time.

Thanks again to all the current (and future) testers. I will have more time tomorrow to see how to fix all the glitches mentioned.

Happy new year !

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Turquoise Dragon
staff: senior moderator
#16 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 12:34 AM
I sent you the error log and happy new year to you too!
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#17 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 2:29 AM
We have high hopes for this upload, just so you don't get discouraged by the reject.

Happy new year!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 3:25 AM Last edited by ankoyume : 2nd Jan 2018 at 6:41 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
We have high hopes for this upload, just so you don't get discouraged by the reject.

Happy new year!


Thank you !
And I'm certainly not discouraged. Just that I have to go back to work on monday, so I must have fixed this before the end of the week, else you'll have to wait some time ...
But if I have some feedback, I think I'll do it.

EDIT : Ok I think I've made it.
The sim shouldn't jump anymore at the end of the feed baby sub interaction when either the bottle or the baby is full. Just redownload the "socialAction" file and replace it in the download folder.

EDIT 2 : The main glitch about the static sim sometimes is now fixed !
Redownload the "plugin" and "carryMaxis" files.
You can now swap seat as you wish without the static matter now.
However, if you don't cancel manually the first sit interaction and rather let the next sit interation queued cancel the first sit interaction, it seems that the sim just stands up autonomously, just after sitting down in the second seat.
I'll see what I can do later...
Just tell me if you see another strange thing.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Instructor
#19 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 3:01 PM
Is there is a way to add an action that allows you to add a bottle to your inventory when you click on the refrigerator? Just a thought I had, I hope you don't mind me asking.
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 8:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilSister
Is there is a way to add an action that allows you to add a bottle to your inventory when you click on the refrigerator? Just a thought I had, I hope you don't mind me asking.


I don't mind, I even appreciate to have new idea.
However I had already think about this one. Here are my thoughts :
- a sim can't get bottles from a seat : it won't be logical ; and I want some animations involved.
- I can't change the fridge pie menu (it will override too many things)
- the best, I think, is either to add a self pie menu that would make the sim take bottles from fridge (with the anim) but put them directly in inventory (it would be a lot faster)
OR create an object, like a diaper bag, with a pie menu to fill it with many bottles (then you could pass the bag to any sim inventory or maybe put other things in that bag)
OR create a social pie menu for another sim to hand bottles to the one in the seat (but that one is far away above my moding skills)

I must admit that I had begun the second option (not quite finished yet, but some codes are already in the mod) and didn't even think about the first one at the beginning

What is certain, it's that it needs something because it is too long to get a bottle from fridge. Moreover, it's always when the sim is already in a seat with baby that you think about the bottles...


PS :
I have fixed other bugs today, but as I don't know if someone is still testing or if they'll do it later, I won't upload the new files for now...
Anyone tell me if you're about to begin testing and I'll post it in the moment, otherwise I'll keep on working on it and will update the files in about two hours.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 11:10 PM Last edited by omglo : 2nd Jan 2018 at 11:27 PM.
I did some testing on version 2 earlier today, and so far, there's no option to sit with a baby/toddler on a couch or a barstool for me. Sims ignored a baby's hunger desperation to the point that the social worker came to get him. Just sitting while idling is going fine. I was going to go back and keep working my way down the list of things to test tonight, and go into a bit more detail on the things that are working, but I'll wait until you have the new files up.

ETA: I'm not sure how you're handling the situation where the bottle empties or if the Sim doesn't have one, but what about coding in a dialog popup during the feeding interaction check that alerts the player that they need to replace the bottle?

I'll spoiler the error that I got after the Sim fed the baby. The entire feeding process went smoothly, but it errored at the end of the interaction.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#22 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 11:42 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 3rd Jan 2018 at 4:00 AM.
@ankoyume Where is this "personDefault....Compatible..." file? I still have the 6 I downloaded from the file sent to the queue, should I delete all of that and grab version 2 on your first post?

Okay, its in with your other files.

Can you please make things clear and separate for testers.

For example, bundle it up and give to each tester by pm so we know we have the correct files
Or clearly state like this @ person these are your files.

Also when you upload can you spell out the steps people need to do. if you look at your original post you have a lot of text that would be better behind spoilers. Too much non-relevant text leads to confusion. The average downloader wants to know "What does this mod do?" and "How do I use it?" They won't be interested in the details of translations or other info. So anything you can put behind a labelled spoiler is best. That way if I do want to know about the translations or other details I will see the spoiler and click it.

http://www.modthesims.info/misc.php?do=bbcode codes

Edit: Mum sat and fed the baby, no jump bugs or errors. I will try the mod with a toddler next.
grandma sat with toddler and on the first try had a jump bug with tickle, but the second time didn't, so I don't know. Maybe it's a little glitchy or maybe just a hiccup.
Invited grandma over and mum was able to hand the baby over to her.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 4:57 AM Last edited by ankoyume : 5th Jan 2018 at 10:17 PM.
Hello !

It will be my last update for a while, I don't have any time left for now but I will keep reading this post time to time. I'll update the first post soon with the last changes.

I have tried the sofa, and my last attempt worked !! I used it only once but it was fun to see the sim jump on sofa with tod in arms or trying to take a nap (with head into the sofa) I'll give to you when it will less buggy.

For baby hunger distress, I've tried to unable the same BHAV as the toddler but without success for now. Feed bottle is now autonomous but it doesn't change anything. However the sim put baby in crib when too hungry. Will it be enough ?

I've changed my first upload text to be clearer.

Elders, I haven't tested them yet ...

About the seat's bugs, I don't understand why it does that : it happened to me only once. I'll try again later.

I spent a lot of time on a compatibility with nurse baby mod. It seems to work, nut I have yet to adapt the animations. So I won't post it for now. Idem for recliners and barstool (anims are hard and lon work )

It's obvious that this mod is not ready yet. Eventhough I have to stop for now, I'm not ready to give up.
Sorry you'll have to be patient...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 2:23 AM
Just finished a round of testing. I've been filling out the form you sent, but I won't post it until it's completely finished. Which should be tomorrow. Until then, some notes for when you start working on this again - Everything is going smoothly except that I'm still not getting options to sit on the bar stool or couch, and the Sim is doing that leg kick after feeding the baby. Other than that, it's great. I just need to wait for the Sims to do the autonomous actions on your testing list.
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 2:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
Just finished a round of testing. I've been filling out the form you sent, but I won't post it until it's completely finished. Which should be tomorrow. Until then, some notes for when you start working on this again - Everything is going smoothly except that I'm still not getting options to sit on the bar stool or couch, and the Sim is doing that leg kick after feeding the baby. Other than that, it's great. I just need to wait for the Sims to do the autonomous actions on your testing list.


Thanks for your testing.
First I'll say that I haven't enabled couch and bar stool for now, because it needs either animations or more testing, so it is normal you can't use them. Sorry that I forgot to get them out of the test txt file.
Then, about the autonomous Distress For Baby in Arms thing, I fear you won't get anything because I used the maxis carry social as a model and I just realized 3 days ago that maxis hasn't created auto reactions when baby motives are down. If you get anything else then putting baby in crib, I want to know !
Last, this damn french cancan kick, I don't have a beginning of a solution for now ...

Perhaps with a week or two away from it, solutions will appear clear as water !

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Page 1 of 2
Back to top