This is a featured upload!
It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Child and Toddler Fairies:
Now fairies can be an all-ages lifestate. To have children/toddler fairies you'll need to do the "Plead the fairies" interaction on the Fairies Tree. Childrens will behave the same way adults do, they will pray and then they'll become fairies. Toddlers will cry instead of praying, and that's what will make them fairies. Now, let's talk about their abilities... Well... Let's just say that they don't have any fairy interaction yet (So they can't change the color of their wings), except for children, who will have the "I can fly" interaction and they'll fly instead of walking.
Wings Through Ages:
Let's start by saying that when a Fairy Toddler grows up, their wings will be gone! Don't worry though, this is easily fixed! Click on your now Child Fairy, go in the "Fairy" menu and select "Sprout new Wings!", this way, the child's wings will return!
Now let's pass on when a fairy child grows up. When the child grows into a teen his wings will disappear again! Don't worry, this too is easily fixed: Just select the "fairy" menu and "change the color of the wings", select a color and before you know it, the wings will appear with the color you've chosen! From the teen to elder, fairies won't lose their wings again.
Minor Changes and Bugs Fix:
- Added a Special Effect to the tree when a sim finishes praying to become a fairy.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent the wings to show up when changing lot.
- Lowered the amount of happiness the "Aura of Soothing" gives.
- If I did everything right, now fairies are invulnerable to auras.
- Added Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Polish translations. Remember, when translating, give me the STBL file and I will eventually put it in the mod.
- Fairy Pranks.
- Wings animations.
- Fairy/Enchanted Energy need, which will completely change the auras and future spells's magic consumption criteria.
- More animation changes.
Fairies Mod V1.5 changes
After a lot of work, sweat and tears, I have finally completed this update, let's see what does it add! :
NOTE: THE AURAS WILL AFFECT THE SIMS SURROUNDING THE FAIRY ONLY
Fairies are now capable of using some magic abilities! First of all, there are Auras:
- They can cast between 5 magic auras, that are Aura of Soothing, of Body and Mind, of Creativity, of Discomfort and of Idiocy.
= Aura of Soothing (+20 Happy)
Will make sims very happy, it will highly increase their fun and social needs, and will receive a boost in social skills.
= Aura of Body and Mind (+10 Focused)
Will make sims learn the logic and fitness skills much faster!
= Aura of Creativity (+10 Inspired)
Musical and Artistic skills will be learnt much faster!
= Aura of Discomfort (+10 Sadness)
The exact opposite of the "Aura of Soothing", it will highly decrease the fun and social needs and learning abilities is a bit harder.
= Aura of Idiocy
Sims won't learn any skill and everytime they interact with someone, they'll be automatically enemies! (Because sims will think they're too stupid to talk too) So If you want your sim to learn an ability or to have GOOD RELATIONSIPS, then don't use this aura (Obviously!).
If you donât want the sims around you to have auras, thereâs an interaction, that is âdispel near aurasâ which will remove the aura from the sims near the fairy (and the fairy itself).
Everytime a Fairy casts an aura they'll receive the "Out of Magic Energy" (+6 dazed) buff that lasts 6 hours!
What are the consequences of this buff? Well, you cannot use any magical ability except one interaction that I'm gonna talk about below.
If you don't want to wait for the buff to expire you can do a "Recharging Meditation", an interaction that will appear only if you're out of magic energy! Doing this, your sim will sit on the ground, and focusing on gaining magic energy.
The meditation brings an advantage and a disadvantage:
= Advantage: You'll receive the "Full of magic energy" (+4 Energetic) buff, that will last 2 hours. What is the advantage of this? Well, during the presence of this buff, you are able to cast any aura, without receiving the "Out of magic energy" buff.
= Disadvantage: Once the buff expires, everything goes back to normal and you'll receive the "Out of Magic Energy" buff everytime you cast an aura. What's the disadvantage? If you receive the dazed buff, you won't be able to meditate again BUT you'll have to wait 5 in-game hours in order to do that again.
SO which will you use? Patience or Cheats?
Now Fairies will be able to change their wings's colors! The options available are:
Default, Black, Yellow, White, Red, Pink and Green!
-Bug Fixes and things you can no longer do-
= Fixed the fact that sims wouldn't do the "I can fly!" interaction while sitting.
= Now Fairies can wear glasses.
= You canât create a fairy with CAS, so to be a fairy youâll have to use the tree.
General Informations about the mod:
-First of all: Fairies!-
Yes, you can now control a new occult, that is the fairy life state. Fairies have some changes and bonuses:
- They have a pair of wings and pointy ears! (NOTE: You can't wear hats as a fairy. Sorry...)
(ONLY IN V1.0 YOU CAN'T WEAR GLASSES)
- They have 1 new interaction, that is "I Can Fly!" (Interaction [not animation] from the Sims 3 Supernatural) where they'll fly around increasing the fun need.
- Most of the time, they won't walk, but fly! (NOTE: They will walk when feeling bored, unconfortable and energic. They will also walk if they have a custom walkstyle! So make sure to give them the default walkstyle in order to fly!)
- They will perform a special idle animation from time to time.
- Their fun and social will drop slightly faster than normal.
- The Mischief skill now develops MUCH faster! Fairies are really mischievous!
- They will occasionally have two buffs:
= "Feeling Playful" (+3 playful)
= "Where's the fun?!?" (+4 Bored)
- Children, Childish and Insane sims will continuously react when they see a fairy receiving the "Wow! A Fairy!" (+6 happy) Buff for 6 hours (NOTE: After the buff expires they will have it again if they see a fairy again)
- They will have sparkles behind their back! (NOTE: They might dissappear sometimes, but don't worry they will re-appear if you change the lot or go in CAS)
-How to be a Fairy?-
So, to become a fairy, your sim has to receive the fairies's blessing by pleading the fairies from the "Fairies tree" (The trait will add to the others, instead of taking space, THIS IS THE ONLY METHOD
- Children and below can't be fairies
-What is the "Fairies's tree"-
A legend says that this tree was watered by a fairy queen's tears, and now is protected by fairies, who will curse or bless (your point of view) any sim who will plead to this tree by turning them into fairies as well. Why would the sim plead for a tree? Well some sims say that the tree brings a lot of fortune! Of course, this is all just a legend... Or not...? Who knows!
It can be found in build mode, in the "trees" section.
-What can you do with this tree?-
This tree has 2 interactions on it! :
- They can "Contemplate the tree", this will lead the sim to observe it.... Obviously!
- They can "Plead the fairies" and this will bring the sim to transform into a fairy after praying. BE CAREFUL THOUGH! A fairy cannot return into a human, so choose wisely...
Tranks and Credits:
- Thanks to siminimonster and dystopianam (Their tumblr name) to have supported me during the creation of this mod.
- Thanks also to notegain (Their tumblr name) to have created the beautiful elf ears used to create this mod.
- Tranks to Sofmc9 to have converted me the animation of the "I can fly!" Interaction, for children.